Property services

Property services

Council owned land and property assets (non-highways) 

Should you have any Highways queries please visit our Highways Land and Property Enquires pages.

Land and property enquiries

If you have an enquiry relating to County Council land or buildings, please submit the request on the Land and property enquires form. Please submit as much detail as possible to assist us in responding swiftly to your query.  

Responses will be dealt with within 10 working days unless the query is of a complex nature where you will be advised and an estimated timescale for response provided.

Council land and property for rent or sale

The following are currently available:

Facilities Management: Report a maintenance issue 

If you need to report any Council property maintenance issues, please contact the Facilities Management Call Centre between 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday; 8.00am and 4.00pm Friday, providing details of the address and nature of the problem.

For Emergency Out of Hours calls between 5.00pm and 8.00am Monday to Friday and 4.00pm to 8.00am Friday to Monday your call will be diverted to the on-call team. If your call is not answered immediately, please leave a message.

Contact us

Council Tenants further information

If you need to report any issues or have any tenant queries, please email us.

Contact us

Frequently asked questions

What Assets does the Council own? How do I find out if the Council owns a piece of land or a property?

The Council owns a variety of land and property within 51¥.  If you have a query about Council ownership please submit an enquiry using the Land and Property enquiry form and a member of the team will confirm if it is within the Councils ownership.  

For highway information please visit Highway enquiry

What is the value of the Councils property portfolio?

The Councils value for its property portfolio is set out in the Statement of Accounts 51¥

How do I find out who owns a piece of land or property if it is not in the Councils ownership?

You can make enquires regarding land ownership via the . There is a small charge for this service. The Council cannot provide information regarding the ownership of land or property owned by third parties. 

How do I find out who has responsibility for the boundary to my property?

You should view your property Deeds or registered title for the property. Registered Title documents can be obtained from . If this does not identify the owner consider the following options:

If the adjacent piece of land or property is owned by the Council, we may be able to identify the owner of the boundary.  

If the land is privately owned, and registered, then you should contact the .  If the land is un-registered then the Land Registry will not have the appropriate records and you may need to make local enquiries which may include the appropriate Parish/ Town or District/ City Council.

I would like to purchase Council land or property, how do I know what the Council would have available?

Any land or property for sale or rent on the open market will normally be advertised by Agents and a link to the marketing details included on the website.

Do you keep records of county wide commercial property for sale and rent?


Privacy Notice

Our privacy notice sets out how we, 51¥, collect, store and handle your personal information and what your information rights are: Property Services Privacy Notice.

Was this page useful?